There are many was to cook rice. We here at howtocookfoods.com are committed to sourcing from the best books and sites. There are three distinct ways of cooking rice: boiling, absorption, and steaming. Never ever forget to wash your rice. Don’t forget to wash your hands either. You could do both at the same time but we wouldn’t recommend it.
|Prep Time:||10 Minutes|
|Total Time:||30 Minutes|
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup (preferably of long white rice)
- 1 Tbsp. of salted butter
- kosher salt if using unsalted butter
- In medium sauce pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add rice and butter (with salt if needed)
- Reduce to a simmer and wait 16 minutes or until rice is tender (or doesn’t taste likes rocks)
- Remove from heat with lid on and wait 5ish minutes
- Fluff the rice and it should taste absolutely fire
We will be posting more in depth “how to’s” daily. Signup for our newsletter on the homepage!